How to Delete Your Instagram Account Forever or Temporarily
|how to delete instagram account|
Of course, there will come a point when you will desire to disengage from your social media networks permanently.
People are deleting their social media accounts in greater numbers than ever before in order to live a life less focused on online culture. Whether you're attempting to preserve your future career prospects by deleting your social media accounts, or you simply want to reach for your phone less, removing your social media accounts may lead to a healthier existence.
Permanently deleting your Instagram account may appear to be a huge step, but it's simple to do if you're ready to be free of your profile and reclaim some of your time. Let's take a look at how to permanently erase your Instagram account.
Before you delete your Instagram account, save your data.
Before acting out of annoyance or deciding to permanently delete your Instagram account, it is a good idea to back up your Instagram data. You can't get anything back afterwards, and you can lose important photos, interactions, and connections. When you delete your account, Instagram will destroy your whole account, including your photographs, likes, comments, and friends. Follow these procedures to save your account data:
1. Tap the profile symbol in the lower right corner of Instagram.
2. Tap the hamburger (Menu) symbol in the upper right corner, then Settings at the bottom.
3. Select Security, then click the Download Data button.
4. Enter your email address and press the Request Download button.
Instagram will deliver a complete file of your profile to the email address you supplied within 48 hours. The email contains all of your images, comments, profile information, and anything else you might need in the future. Even if you believe you will never need this information again, it is a necessary step in ensuring that your information is secure if you ever choose to view it. If you don't do this, you'll lose all of your data and will never be able to recover it, no matter how hard you try.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently
You can delete your Instagram account once you've stored your Instagram data. Users can choose between two choices. The first option is to deactivate your Instagram account and everything related with it permanently, while the second is a temporary solution.
You can only permanently delete your Instagram account using a browser, and you can do it on both mobile and desktop browsers. Instagram makes your profile momentarily invisible for 30 days before it permanently disappears. As a result, if you change your mind, you can reinstate it. Here's how to cancel your Instagram account permanently:
1. Navigate to the distinct Delete Your Instagram Account page in your browser (while logged in).
2. From the drop-down option, choose a cause for deletion.
3. To confirm your decision, click or tap the Delete button.
Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account Temporarily
If you merely want to take a break from Instagram or don't want to make an illogical decision, disable your account rather than deleting it. Disabling locks you out and hides your profile. You might as well have deleted the account in terms of your following. However, this way allows you to restore your profile at any moment if it has been temporarily disabled by just logging back in. To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Instagram.com from any device's browser (you cannot do this from the app).
2. If prompted, enter your username and password.
3. In the upper right-hand corner, click or press the profile icon.
4. Select Edit Profile after clicking or tapping Profile.
5. Scroll down to the right of the Submit button and press Temporarily disable my account.
6. You're asked why you're doing it. Choose an item from the drop-down menu.
7. Enter your account password again.
8. Temporarily Disable Account (click or tap).
how to delete instagram account on phone
how to delete instagram account 2022
how to delete instagram account temporarily
Delete your Instagram account
Delete Your Account
How to Delete an Instagram Account (The Easy Way)
How to Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account (2022)
How to Delete Your Instagram [Easy Guide]
How to delete or deactivate your Instagram account
How to Delete an Instagram Account (with Pictures)
Remove one of the Instagram accounts